NYC Non-Surgical Nose Job
When people hear the term "nose job," they immediately think of invasive surgery with significant downtime. Although rhinoplasty can effectively achieve cosmetic goals, it may not be an ideal option for everyone because it can take up to a year to see results. However, an NYC non-surgical rhinoplasty relies on the use of dermal injections to achieve the desired nose shape right away with almost no downtime.
For unwanted bumps or nasal asymmetry, fillers can often provide an effective temporary fix. A popular filler used in non-surgical nose jobs is a mineral naturally found in bones and teeth called calcium hydroxylapatite, marketed as Radiesse. When delivered subcutaneously to the nose, it creates a niche for surrounding cells to populate and produce collagen, essentially creating a new supplementary structure. The results of Radiesse are immediately seent and are typically maintained for about six months.
Dr. Rizk, an expert in this procedure, is one of only a few double-board certified facial plastic surgeons and non-surgical nose job specialists capable of delivering great, natural-looking results.
What to Expect from a Non-Surgical Nose Job
The procedure itself typically lasts fifteen minutes and normally has absolutely no downtime afterward. However, because non-surgical rhinoplasty only uses injections, it is purely an augmentative procedure. For noses that require narrowing or reduction, non-surgical rhinoplasty will not be effective. Furthermore, it is important to note that this procedure cannot correct any breathing difficulties or other nasal problems caused by structural deformities. For broken or crooked noses, a deviated septum, and more significant changes to the nose, surgical rhinoplasty must be performed. Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery procedure that requires an expert facial plastic surgeon, like Dr. Rizk, who can safely and significantly improve the appearance of the nose by either reducing or reshaping it.
Advantages of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Some of the benefits of non-surgical rhinoplasty include:
- No downtime. There is no recovery period or downtime after non-surgical rhinoplasty. Many patients have their procedure performed during their lunch break and return to work immediately afterward. With a traditional rhinoplasty, patients usually require one to two weeks before resuming normal activities.
- Less Expensive. Non-surgical rhinoplasties are far less expensive than traditional nose jobs, but the results are not permanent like rhinoplasty.
- Try out a new look before committing. A non-surgical nose job provides the patient with an easy and quick way to see how their appearance could be altered through nose surgery. If they love their new look, they may opt for a traditional rhinoplasty to maintain the results.
- Pain-Free. The procedure is relatively pain-free. Some patients experience mild discomfort during the injection, but this is minor compared to the discomfort associated with a traditional rhinoplasty.
- Few Side Effects. There is a lower risk of complications associated with non-surgical rhinoplasty in comparison to traditional rhinoplasty.
- Lower risk of infection. Because this procedure is not invasive or surgical, there is a much lower risk of infection.
Disadvantages of Non-Surgical Nose Jobs
While there are many advantages, there are also some limitations to a non-surgical nose job. For instance:
- It does not provide a permanent change. While the results may last for a year or longer, non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot provide lasting change. Only surgical rhinoplasty can produce permanent results.
- It cannot address all cosmetic problems. Non-surgical nose jobs can only address certain problems, such as filling depressions, smoothing out bumps, lifting the nasal tip, and correcting asymmetries. It cannot be used to make the nose smaller, eliminate a hump, or narrow the nasal tip.
- It cannot address functional problems. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is not appropriate for patients who wish to correct functional problems or structures of the nose, such as a deviated septum or difficulty breathing through the nose.
- Patients may have an adverse reaction to dermal fillers. While rare, some patients experience adverse reactions to dermal fillers, therefore they are not good candidates for non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Dr. Rizk is highly experienced in performing both traditional and non-surgical nose jobs. To find out if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty, please contact us at our NYC office today to set up an initial consultation.
Why Choose Dr. Rizk for Your Non-Surgical Nose Job in NYC?
The popularity of non-surgical nose jobs has been increasing in the last several years. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is performed by injecting dermal fillers into the skin on and around the nose to create a change in the nose’s shape and contour.
As an expert in this procedure, Dr. Rizk has found great success in correcting the nasal tip and improving the appearance of bumps on the nose through non-surgical rhinoplasty. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, you may be wondering if you are a good candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty. While a non-surgical nose job will not provide permanent results, it can be a great option for many patients who seek an alternative to traditional rhinoplasty.
FAQ – Non-Surgical Nose Jobs
What is a non-surgical nose job?
A non-surgical nose job is a simple, though temporary correction for specific nasal imperfections including:
- Bump on the nose
- Slight problem with the nasal tip
A non-surgical nose job temporarily corrects these issues using filler injections or neurotoxins. For example, filler injections, like Restylane, Juvéderm or Radiesse will add volume to smooth and camouflage a bump, while neurotoxin injections like Botox or Dysport can be used to lift the tip of the nose slightly.
Who is the ideal non-surgical nose job patient?
A non-surgical nose job is ideal for patients who are temporarily looking to improve their profile and camouflage a bump or slightly lift the tip of the nose. The procedure, however, does not replace a surgical nose job; it is a temporary solution that may only last six months. For this reason, non-surgical treatment is ideal for patients who are looking for a short-term correction, or who want to quickly improve their appearance for a wedding, party or a specific event.
What is the difference between a surgical and non-surgical nose job?
A traditional nose job is a surgical procedure that corrects the structures of the nose. A non-surgical nose job is limited in the results it can provide. The procedure cannot make a nose smaller, change the structure of a nose or reduce a large tip or narrow a wide nose. Furthermore, a non-surgical treatment cannot help a patient who presents with breathing issues. Dr. Rizk works with each patient, listening to their respective aesthetic goals during the consultation. He assesses if a surgical or non-surgical procedure is best. Even if a patient is interested in a nose job, a non-surgical procedure may be a good opportunity to "test drive" a new nose.
What is recovery like?
When a non-surgical nose job is done conservatively, the procedure takes about 15 minutes with a topical anesthetic. Patients often schedule a non-surgical nose job as a lunchtime procedure. Because there is no downtime, they are able to return to work immediately and go about their day as usual.
How to find the best doctor for a non-surgical nose job?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty in NYC should be performed by a facial plastic surgeon who understands both the external and internal nasal anatomy. Otherwise, there is a risk that the filler will be placed incorrectly where it may migrate to different areas around the nose. When performed by an unskilled provider, there is always the risk that the bump may appear bigger or that the filler may move into the nose, possibly blocking breathing passages. A facial plastic surgeon with a skilled hand and experience with the procedure, like Dr. Rizk, is vital in order to ensure the safest and most natural looking outcomes.
Written by Dr. Sam Rizk
Last Modified On: 12/30/2019