Instructions for Chin Augmentation
- REST as much as possible the first 48 hours.
- Sleep on back for two weeks.
- Take Vitamin C, 500mg, twice daily.
- NO ALCOHOL FOR TWO WEEKS.
- Avoid ALL physical and emotional strain for 14 days.
- DIET: TAKE FOOD ONLY BY CUP OR WITH A SPOON. DO NOT USE A STRAW!
- Talk as little as possible. Talking causes the chin muscles to move, which might displace the implant.
- MEN: Do not shave until instructed to do so by the Doctor.
- No sexual activity for 3 weeks after surgery.
It is natural to have swelling, bruising and some numbness after this operation. The swelling and the discoloration often extend to the neck below the chin, and usually dissipate after a week.
It is normal for the temperature to increase for 1-2 days; if it rises above 101°F, call us.
Don’t Judge the results too soon! It takes time for the swelling and bruising to settle; for the scarring to mature, and for healing to take place.
If you have been given a Silastic (silicon) chin implant, you should be aware of the fact that there is a very slight risk that your body may reject the implant at any time in the future, after healing has taken place.
Rejection resembles an infection, or an abscess, with throbbing, swelling and pain in the chin, and a possible elevation in temperature. Unfortunately, antibiotics usually do not stop the rejection, and it is recommended that the implant be removed as soon as possible.