Why More People Choose Surgery and Less Fillers
Posted by Dr. Sam Rizk March, 03/02/2021 - 06:36 PM
Our circumstances and habits changed drastically over the last year. Home is the new office, inside is the new outside and Zoom calls are the new meetings. Whether it is for business or pleasure, we see each other more on screen than in person.
One of the interesting trends that emerged is an increased demand for surgical procedures such as facelifts and rhinoplasty, for people who want to look good on camera and are less worried about the downtime than in the pre-Covid days.
The Zoom Effect – What is it?
As there are more video calls than in-person meetings people have become more aware of their appearance. You may even call it a hyper-awareness, especially about their face and nose. The following are reasons why these cultural shifts have had such an impact on people recently:
- The image in Zoom is not the most flattering
- Computer screens give a pixelated image
- Lighting is usually not optimal
- The position of the camera does not favour the chin, neck, jawline, and nose
- We are also not used to looking at ourselves for hours a day
- We are not used to seeing ourselves while we converse
- Many people feel more self-conscious on video than in real-life conversations
- Hyper-awareness is leading to self-scrutiny
- Many people were already considering cosmetic treatment before the lockdown
Why Do People Choose Surgery over Fillers?
Downtime was typically a common disadvantage of surgery, making it more convenient for people to use non-surgical treatments such as fillers. Pre-Covid, many people simply did not have the time to recuperate. So what has changed now? Here are some reasons why more people are choosing surgery as opposed to fillers:
- Increased self-awareness due to video calls
- Willingness to choose a surgical procedure
- COVID restrictions are an opportunity to get surgery done while you are at home
- Remote working from home allows for healing
- Less to no social activities
- Time and space to recover from surgery
- Eagerness to choose long-lasting results over temporary ones
- More disposable income for surgical treatments instead of far-away-holidays or expensive trips that are not possible due to COVID restrictions.
Choose Your Expert Carefully
If you undergo a facial plastic surgery, every millimeter counts. Look for a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who does many cases a month so his or her skills are at their peak. Ask about the best techniques to offer you the desired results with minimal downtime and scarring.
If you would like to meet with Dr. Rizk, click here to book a consultation at his New York office.
By Dr. Sam S. Rizk, M.D., FACS.
Dr. Rizk is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery and a recognized expert on the latest advances in facial plastic surgery techniques. He performs a range of facial plastic surgeries at his New York practice.
- Anti-aging Procedures
- Chin Implant Before & After
- Ear Surgery
- Facelift Before & After
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Facial Surgery
- Lip Enhancement
- Male Plastic Surgery
- Neck Lift
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Before & After
- Scarless Healing
- Sinus Surgery
- Teen Rhinoplasty
- Trending Procedures