The Stages of Deep Plane Facelift Scars | Real Patient Results
A key aspect of the deep plane facelift procedure is the incision made in front of the ear, a technique Dr. Rizk has refined to optimize aesthetic and healing outcomes. It’s essential to understand that the way scars heal and mature can vary significantly from one individual to another, influenced by factors such as skin type, thickness, tone, age, and genetic predispositions. These variations can affect the appearance and progression of scars, especially those strategically placed in front of the ears. Dr. Rizk’s extensive experience in facial plastic surgery allows him to tailor his approach to each patient’s unique characteristics, ensuring minimal and discreet scarring. The stages outlined below provide an overview of what patients can typically expect during the healing process following a deep plane facelift, focusing on the critical incisions in front of the ears.
Immediate Post-Surgery (2 Days)
- Incisions: Rizk’s precision in placing incisions with sutures, especially facelift scars in front of ears, ensures discreet scarring.
- Appearance: Initially, deep plane facelift scars appear as fine, reddened lines. Mild swelling and bruising are typical at this stage.
- Care: Rest and limited movement are crucial for the initial healing of scars from a facelift.
Early Healing Phase | Facelift Scars After 2 Weeks
- Appearance: Facelift scars after 2 weeks start to show significant improvement. As seen in this photo, the redness diminishes, and the swelling subsides, allowing the scars to flatten and blend more naturally with the surrounding skin.
- Care: Gentle care and adherence to Dr. Rizk’s post-operative instructions are key to the healing of facelift scars in front of the ears.
One Month Post-Surgery
- Appearance: The deep plane facelift scars continue to fade, becoming less prominent and integrating with the skin’s natural tone.
- Care: Ongoing scar care and sun protection are vital to prevent darkening of the scars.
Three Months Post-Surgery
- Appearance: The scars are softer and blend seamlessly with the natural skin tone as you can see in this patient, 3 months after her deep plane facelift procedure.
- Care: Patients in New York can generally resume their regular skincare routine, with continued emphasis on protecting the scars from sun exposure.
Two Years Post-Surgery
- Appearance: By this time, deep plane facelift scars are typically well-healed and may be barely noticeable, having matured to match the surrounding skin as seen in this male patient.
- Care: Long-term skincare and sun protection remain important for maintaining the quality of the facelift scars.
Choose Dr. Rizk for Your Facelift in NYC
Understanding the stages of scarring and healing helps set realistic expectations for a deep plane facelift. With Dr. Rizk’s expertise, patients in New York can look forward to natural-looking, rejuvenated results with minimal, well-healed scars.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Rizk to learn more about his innovative techniques and how he can help you achieve your aesthetic goals with minimal scarring.
By Dr. Sam S. Rizk, M.D., FACS.
Dr. Rizk is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery and a recognized expert on the latest advances in facial plastic surgery techniques. He performs a range of facial plastic surgeries at his New York practice.