About Us Page
Sam Rizk, M.D., F.A.C.S., (www.drsamrizk.com) is an internationally renowned expert in the complex field of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery based in New York. He is frequently contacted by colleagues and worldwide media to offer his unique opinions.
Named as one of New York City's top plastic surgeons, Dr. Rizk is known for his artistic approach to surgical procedures. He is an expert in the most advanced facelift, neck lift, and eyelid surgery, and rhinoplasty techniques, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
As a recognized specialist on the latest advances in facial plastic surgery techniques, Dr. Rizk has written and lectured extensively on current concepts related to rhinoplasties, neck lifts, facelifts, and other facial plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Rizk is a double board-certified New York facial plastic surgeon and director of Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgery, PLLC.
Dr. Rizk is one of a few NYC plastic surgeons who have achieved double board-certification in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery as well as head and neck surgery. He is the director of a JCAHO accredited surgical suite, Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgery, PLLC.
Additionally, Dr. Rizk is a Realself Top Doctor, where he relies on more than 20 years of combined experience to professionally answer questions sent by patients from around the globe. Furthermore, he has been chosen as one of Castle Connolly's Best Doctors in the NY Metro Area for facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Rizk has been featured on many popular television shows and in several magazines in the US, as well as overseas. As a recognized expert on the latest advances in facial plastic surgery techniques, he was inducted into The Rhinoplasty Society, a non-profit organization of the most respected nasal surgeons in the world.
An Artistic Approach
Dr. Rizk has developed his own techniques and published his methods for customizing procedures to the patient's facial structure and degree of aging, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all approach.
As more and more younger patients, including men, are requesting cosmetic facial procedures, Dr. Rizk believes his newer techniques are better tailored to them. To that end, Dr. Rizk authored some landmark articles on facelift, rhinoplasty, and blepharoplasty surgery, describing new techniques to be applied differently to younger versus older patients.
Dr. Rizk Shares the Art of Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Rizk is admired for his vast humanitarian efforts and expertise in rhinoplasty, secondary rhinoplasty and facelift techniques around the world. As an active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) FACE-TO-FACE program, he performs free reconstructive surgery on victims of domestic violence, people with congenital deformities, and those suffering from traumatic injuries from war.
Since 1992, FACE TO FACE has conducted humanitarian and educational programs all over the world. Dr. Rizk is committed to assisting patients, using his surgical skills and expertise to improve lives by operating on the faces, necks, and noses of people in need.
He is honored to volunteer as the Chief Consultant Reconstructive Surgeon, performing reconstructive surgery on children who have suffered from severe deformities related to facial cancer at Hospital 57257 in Cairo, Egypt. Hospital 57357 is a non-profit organization founded by Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak, First Lady of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees of the Children’s Cancer Hospital, which is funded by private donations.
As Dr. Rizk says, "It is a very rewarding experience to give something back to people who really need help. I consider it an honor and a privilege to participate in these extraordinary missions for reconstructive surgery, and I look forward to caring for more children and hopefully changing their lives."
DR. RIZK AND LITTLE BABY FACE FOUNDATION
Dr. Rizk serves on the board of directors of the Little Baby Face Foundation, an organization that transforms the lives of children born with facial deformities through corrective surgeries. He is part of the team of surgeons who volunteer their time and talents to provide corrective surgery and medical support to children and their families in financial need around the world, including Mongolia, Peru, Nigeria, and Philippines.
The treatments can be complex: On average, two surgeries lasting three hours each are needed. For Dr. Rizk, serving the needs of others is worth it to see the smiles and tears of joy and happiness from the children and their families in knowing that they were expertly cared for.
Dr. Rizk has also been recognized with the 2012 Patients’ Choice Award for outstanding service and patient care, an honor bestowed on a small group of elite physicians nationwide.
Training and Expertise
- Dr. Rizk has attended some of the most prestigious universities in the country and developed his surgical skills at New York's best hospitals.
- His training includes an accelerated honors program at the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor where he received his medical degree.
- He completed competitive programs at New York Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Lenox Hill Hospital, and Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital.
- Finally, he completed an American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery certified fellowship in facial plastic surgery in California before opening a private practice in New York.
DEGREES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate School: University of Michigan
- Graduate School: University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency: Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York Hospital
- Fellowships: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship Hospital: American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Sacramento, CA
- 1993 New York, License 198258
- 1993 New Jersey, License 63977
- 1999 California, License G085001 (Inactive Status)
- Faculty of American College of Surgeons
- American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Internship/Residency, Department of General Surgery Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, 1998-1999 Residency, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, and New York Hospital, (NY)
- Rotations: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Lenox Hill Hospital, Chief Resident, 1998-1999
- Fellowship Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery accredited fellowship, California
CONTINUED MEDICAL EDUCATION
- 1995 Advanced Facial Soft Tissue Surgery Workshop - Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- 1998 Laser Applications for the Office Setting - Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- 1997 Advanced Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course - Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- 2001 Symposium on Latest Advances in Cosmetic Surgery of the Face - Newport Beach, CA
- 2002 Rhinoplasty Course - University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 2003 American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Winter Symposium - Snowmass, CO
- 2004 American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting - New York, NY
- 2005 Rhinoplasty Course - University of Chicago, Chicago
- 2005 American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting, CA
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Faculty of American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- New York Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New Jersey Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of Face-to-Face Committee AAFPRS (2008-2011)
- Member of Emerging Technology Committee AAFPRS (2008-2011)
- The Rhinoplasty Society, Inc.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery accredited fellowship, California
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2003-2018 Selected as a Top Doctors listed in Castle Connolly's Top Doctors: New York Metro Area
- 2008-2012 Voted Top Facial Plastic Surgeon in New York City in a Castle Connolly Peer Review Rating
- 2009 Chosen as Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area 12th Edition (selection process is by peers only)
- 2003-2005 Castle Connolly - Included in America’s Top Cosmetic Docs - Facial Plastic Surgery - Who's Who In America
- 1998-1999 Residency - Chief Resident of Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital
- 1996 Panel Moderator - Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons Rhinoplasty Panel
- 1993 University of Michigan Graduation - Basic Science Research Award
- 1990 NIH Research Grant Fellowship Awardee
- 1988-1989 University of Michigan Research Fellowship Awardee
- 1986-1989 Dean’s Honor List - University of Michigan
- 1986 William J. Branstrom Award (upper 5% of college freshmen)
- 1984 Harvard University Scholarship
- Golden Key National Honor Society - University of Michigan
- Faculty - American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Patient's Choice Award
- Men of Achievement Award
CONFERENCES AND LECTURES
- Technology and Rhinoplasty: Instrumentation We Have Found Useful for Improving Accuracy in Nasal Bridge Reduction as Well as Cartilage Sculpting - Presenter at the Vegas Cosmetic Surgery 2012 Conference and Panel Moderator for Considerations in Ethnic Rhinoplasty, Las Vegas, June 2012
- Latest Advances in Facelift/Neck Lift Surgery - Presented at the FACE Conference and Exhibition, London, UK, June 2012
- Latest Advances in Rhinoplasty Surgery - Presented at the International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies (IFPSS) Conference, Rome, Italy, May 2012
- High Definition Modern Approaches to Minimally Invasive Natural Rhinoplasty - Presenter and Panel Moderator “Rhinoplasty New Techniques” at the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeon Conference, San Paulo, Brazil, 2009
- Airway Evaluation Before Rhinoplasty and Prevention of Airway Problems After Rhinoplasty - Lecturer and Panelist at Rhinoplasty Society - ASAPS Meeting, Orlando, FL, April 2006
- Challenging Rhinoplasty - AAFPRS Winter Symposium, Snowmass, CO, February 2003
- Rhinoplasty - My Preferred Technique - Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons, Washington, DC, 1996
- Rhinoplasty - Rapid Recovery Technique - American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, CA, 2005
- Algorithm for Analysis and Correction of Nasal Tip Deformities in Revision Rhinoplasty - American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, CA, 2005
- Endonasal Rhinoplasty Techniques - Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons - Panel Leader, Washington, DC. Published in Annals of Plastic Surgery, April 1997 - Vol.38, Number 4-PP-323-329.
- Instructor - “The Art of Rhinoplasty” - A Practical Rhinoplasty Course - Director, Leslie Bernstein, M.D - U.C. San Francisco Medical School, California, November 12th-15th, 1999
- Facelift Approach - Presented as Course at International Facial Plastic Surgery Conference, FL, 2010
- Invited as Rhinoplasty Panel Moderator/Lecturer on Rhinoplasty in the 21st Century - At International Conference of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons, November 2009, San Paulo, Brazil
- Endotine Use in the Modern Rapid Recovery Facelift - Featured guest speaker at FACE meeting at the Royal College Of Physicians, June 13, 2009, London, UK
- Course Director - Live Surgery Workshop - Latest Advances in Three-Dimensional, High-Definition Rapid Recovery Facelift, and neck lift Surgery - Course Sponsored by American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), Park Avenue Facial Surgery, New York, NY, June 2009
- Rapid Recovery Facelift/Neck Lift with Tissue Glue - American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Winter Symposium, Telluride, Colorado, January 2009
- New Technique in Male Facelift and Neck Lift Surgery for Natural Outcome with Parotid Reduction - Invited lecturer to American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Annual Conference, Arizona, January 2009
- Latest Advances in Facelift and Neck Lift Surgery - Grand Rounds Invited Lecturer At Lenox Hill Hospital, NY, New York, October 2008
- Customized Facelift Approach - A New Concept in Facial Plastic Surgery - Grand Rounds Invited lecturer at New York Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, February 2007
- Rapid Recovery Facelifts - Annual Meeting - American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, May 2004
- Algorithm for Facelifts - Customizing the Lift to the Patient’s Anatomy - American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery National Meeting, September 2004
- Rapid Recovery Facelifts - American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery National Meeting, September 2004
- Challenging Revision Rhinoplasty, Rapid Recovery Rhinoplasty - American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery National Conference, September 2005
PRESENTATIONS AND MEETINGS
- Honored Guest Speaker at the Harmonie Club: Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, December 2, 2013
- 14th Annual Mount Sinai Symposium: Advances in Medical and Surgical Dermatology, December 9-11, 2011
- Rapid Recovery Facelift With Tissue Glues - AAFPRS, January 2009
- New Technique for Male Facelift - AACS, January 2009
- Grand Round Invited Guest Lecturer at Lenox Hill Hospital - Latest Advances in Facelift Surgery, September 22, 2008
- Grand Round Invited Guest Lecturer at NYP-Cornell - Customizing Facelift to the Patient's Degree of Aging, February 1, 2007
- Winter Symposium - Sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive
- Surgery - Snowmass, CO, February 2003
- The Long Nose Shortt
- Scar Facelift and Tissue Glue
- Facial Plastic Surgery Forum - Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- Facelift Anatomy and Avoiding Complications in Deep Plane and SMAS Facelifts - Blepharoplasty - The Art and Science of Blepharoplasty - Artistic Sculpturing of the Eye for a Natural, Rejuvenated Result, February 1998
- Grand Rounds - Lenox Hill Hospital - Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Division of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Facelifts - Which Facelift Technique to Choose When? Based On Patient’s Anatomy and Degree of Aging, February 20033
- Algorithm for Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation, October 2002
- Revision Rhinoplasty - Open Versus Closed Techniques - When to Utilize Which Technique for Optimal Results, February 2004
- Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual National Conference
- 1996 - Concurrent Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Rhinoplasty Panel Moderator On - “Rhinoplasty Forum - Aesthetic and Functional Issues”, Washington, DC
- 2001 - Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty: An Algorithm for the Analysis of Indications And Treatment, October, Philadelphia, PA Panel Moderator On –“Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty - Indications and Techniques”
- Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery Instructor - Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital (New York) - Panel Discussions:
- 1995 - Facial Plastics Photography and Cephalometrics
- 1996 - Blepharoplasty: Analysis, Preoperative and Postoperative Care
- 1997 - Brow Lifts: Endoscopic vs. Conventional Techniques
- 1998 - Facelifts: Preoperative Assessment, Techniques and Complications
- American Rhinologic Society Annual Meeting (Washington, DC)
- 1996 Invasive Fungal Sinusitis in Immunocompromised Patients
- International Symposium on Phonosurgery (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1996 Type I Thyroplasty for Unilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis in Intrathoracic Malignancy
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting (San Francisco, CA)
- 1997 Bilateral Simultaneous Orbital Decompression for Graves’ Orbitopathy Using a Combined Endoscopic and Caldwell-Luc Approach
- 1997 Expression of VLA Integrins in a Recurrent Pleomorphic Adenoma Cell Line
- American Society of Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting
- 1997 - Arytenoid Adduction as an Adjunct to Type I Thyroplasty for Unilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis
- 1990 - Vascularized and Conventional Interposition Nerve Grafts- a Histomorphologic Comparison in the Rabbit
- Grand Rounds - Lenox Hill Hospital, Department of General Surgery (New York, NY)
- 1994 Laryngeal Carcinoma
- 1995 Parotid Gland Tumors
- Grand Rounds - Lenox Hill Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery (New York, NY)
- 1996 Cervical Teratomas- a Case Report and Literature Review
- 1999 Cutaneous Melanoma
- 1999 Otolaryngologic Manifestations of Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Head and Neck Gross Anatomy Dissection Course - Cornell Medical School (New York, NY)
- 1995 Topographic Head and Neck Anatomy, Triangles of the Neck, Fascial Planes, Deep Neck Space Infections
- 1996 Thyroid and Parathyroids, Trachea, Bronchi, Esophagus
- 1997 Blepharoplasty Techniques and the Orbit
- 1998 Facelift Flap, Nasal dissection, Osteoplastic Flap
PROFESSIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Rizk, SS. Ethnic Rhinoplasty Pearls - A Natural Approach to Ethnic Preservation Rhinoplasty - Published in Plastic Surgery Practice Journal, January 2011.
- Rizk, SS. Customized Facelift and Rhinoplasty – The Surgical Artist - Published as Cover Story in Plastic Surgery Practice Journal, November 2009.
- Rizk, SS. Rhinoplasty in 3D – A High Definition Approach to Natural Nasal Beauty - Published in Plastic Surgery Practice, November 2009; 22,23.
- Rizk, SS. New Cartilage Sculpting Techniques for a Smoother Result in Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty - Submitted to Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery - Pending Publication, 2010.
- Rizk, SS., Zimm J. - A New Customized Facelift Approach to Achieve a Natural Result - Submitted to Aesthetic Surgery Journal - Pending Publication, 2010.
- Rizk, SS. Successful Management of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Orbital Cellulitis After Blepharoplasty. Published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, December 2010; 126(6): 305-307.
- Rizk, SS. Latest Advances in Facelift - Plastic Surgery Practice Journal, November 2009; 10-11, 16.
- Rizk, SS. Latest Advances in Facelifting/neck lifting - Plastic Surgery Practice Journal, December 2008.
- Rizk SS., Zoumalan R. - Tissue Glue in Deep Plane Facelifts - Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Rizk SS, Matarasso, A - Short Scar Facelift with Use of Fibrin Sealant - Dermatologic Clinics 2005; 23: 495-504.
- Rizk SS, Bernstein Leslie - The Incidence of Hematoma in Facelifts with an Open Postauricular Incision as a Drain. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, December 2010.
- Rizk SS, Rosenberg D. - Algorithm for Analysis and Correction of Nasal Tip Deformities in Revision Rhinoplasty - Presentation Accepted for AAFPRS Meeting, CA, September 2005.
- Rizk SS, Edelstein DR, Matarasso A. - Concurrent Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Rhinoplasty, Annals of Plastic Surgery 1997; 38: 323-329.
- Rizk SS, Edelstein DR, Matarasso A. Concurrent Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Rhinoplasty - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - International Abstracts 1998; 102: 2280-2281.
- Rizk SS. Rapid Recovery Rhinoplasty - Presentation and Accepted for Publication in Archives of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.
- Rizk SS. Hemifacial Atrophy - A Case Report and Analysis - Submitted to Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Romo III T, Rizk SS, Suh J. - Mucous Cyst Formation Following Rhinoplasty - Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery 1999; 1: 208-211.
- Rizk SS, Papageorge A, Sacks E. Bilateral Simultaneous Orbital Decompression for Graves’ Orbitopathy Using a Combined Endoscopic and Caldwell- Luc Approach. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2000; 122: 216-221.
- Rizk SS, Matarasso, A. - Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty: Analysis of Indications and the Treatment of 100 Patients. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2003;111: 1299-1306. Also a Presentation at the Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons Conference, October 2001, Philadelphia, PA (Selected for PRESS RELEASE 3/03).
- Kraus D, Orlikoff R, Rizk SS, et al. - Arytenoid Adduction as an Adjunct to Type I Thyroplasty for Unilateral Vocal Cord Paralysis. Head and Neck 1999; 21: 52-59.
- Myers MW, Quirk WS, Rizk SS, Miller JM, Altschuler RA. Expression of the Major Mammalian Stress Protein in the Rat Cochlea Following Transient Ischemia. Laryngoscope 1992; 102: 981-98. Recipient First Prize- Basic Science Research Category (Middle States Triological Society).
- Rizk SS, Schoenberg ED, Castronuovo JJ, Filippone AL. - The Effectiveness and Cost of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation for the Relief of Postoperative Pain - American Journal of Pain Management 1992; 2: 138-142.
- Rizk SS, Komisar A, Kacker A. - Need for Tracheostomy is Rare in Patients with Acute Supraglottitis: Findings of a Retrospective Study. ENT Journal 2000;79: 952-957.
- Rizk SS, Kraus D, Gersheim G, Mudan S. - Aggressive Combination Treatment for Invasive Fungal Sinusitis in Immunocompromised Patients ENT Journal 2000;79: 278-285.
- Tadros M, Rizk SS, Opher E, Thompson LR.- Polymorphous Hemangioendothelioma of the Neck - Annals of Diagnostic Pathology - In-Press.
- Steiner, MG, Rizk SS, Kuhel WI - Expression of VLA (B1) Integrins in a Recurrent Pleomorphic Adenoma Cell Line - Laryngoscope.
- Rizk SS. Expression of VLA (B1) - Integrins in a Recurrent Pleomorphic Adenoma Cell Line. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, August 1997; 117: 80.
- Restoring the Drooping Tip and Hanging Columella in Revision Rhinoplasty. Zimm A.J., Rizk S.S., 2013
- Short Scar Facelift with the Use of Fibrin Sealant. Matarasso, A., Rizk, S.S., & Markowitz, J.S. (2005) Dermatologic Clinics, 23 3, 495-504, vii.
- Book Chapter Published: Short Scar facelifts and Tissue Glue, Tissue Glues In Cosmetic Surgery. Matarasso, A, Rizk, SS. ed. By Renato Saltz & Dean Toriumi. QMP Medical Publishers, October 2003.
Newsweek Recognizes Dr. Sam Rizk’s Accomplishments
Newsweek magazine partnered with Statista Inc. to compile a list of America’s best plastic surgeons. Dr. Sam Rizk was selected as one of America’s best rhinoplasty and facelift surgeons for 2021.
Their list of best surgeons is based on peer evaluations. Thousands of healthcare professionals ranked the candidates based on the quality of the following:
- Surgery preparation
- Surgical procedures
- Follow-up care
- Surgical outcome
Patient's Choice Award
Sam Rizk, MD, FACS, named Patients' Choice Award Winner for 2012
NEW YORK, NY, December 21st, 2012 - Renowned New York City facial plastic surgeon, Sam Rizk, MD, FACS has been honored with a 2012 Patients' Choice Award for his outstanding service and patient care.
Compiled from patients’ online ratings, the award recognizes an elite group of physicians (only the top five percent nationwide) for their excellence in various components of care, including accuracy of diagnosis, amount of time spent with patients, bedside manner, and follow-up care, among others.
"I'm honored to receive an award that’s based on how my patients view the quality of care I provide. I strive each day to exceed my patients’ expectations with highly personalized services and I’m grateful that they’ve recognized my efforts,” said Dr. Rizk.
In addition to Dr. Rizk’s unsurpassed artistic vision, technical skill in facial plastic surgery, and superior surgical outcomes, his Upper East Side practice also offers a number of unique advantages to patients.
As a pioneer in the use of high-definition three-dimensional technology, Dr. Rizk is able to ensure greater efficiency, precision, and accuracy during surgery. Thanks to his state-of-the-art techniques, patients benefit from less bruising and scarring, plus an expedited recovery – generally five to seven days versus the standard two weeks.
Dr. Rizk believes that plastic surgery is as much an art as it is a science and takes into account all facial proportions and rounded edges (rather than pinched tips and harsh lines) to fit each patient’s face. The result is a natural-looking, extremely customized outcome.
Dr. Rizk also helps assuage patients’ fears before surgery with the innovative Face Touch Up application, which empowers patients to view their potential results. By simply uploading their photo, digital images from the front and side view can be altered in this program to get an idea of how the outcome will appear.
It is of the utmost importance to Dr. Rizk and his practice to not only deliver superior patient satisfaction but also to guarantee that the overall experience is as painless and anxiety-free as possible. With each consultation, Dr. Rizk is driven by the desire to help patients look better and feel better about themselves.
About Patient’s Choice Award
Patients' Choice provides in-depth information on doctors in your area who have been recognized and awarded for outstanding patient care and expertise. The Patients' Choice Award is the honor roll of physicians who have received the highest ratings by their patients.
FACE Conference and Exhibition
Internationally renowned facial plastic surgeon Sam Rizk, MD, FACS, to present at FACE conference and exhibition
New York, New York — June 16, 2012 — New York city double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Sam Rizk, MD, FACS, will present at the 10th anniversary of the prestigious FACE Conference and Exhibition on Saturday, June 16 at the Royal College of Physicians in London.
FACE Conference and Exhibition is an international medical meeting, celebrated for attracting the world’s leading aesthetic practitioners. Dr. Rizk, a global pioneer in surgical innovation of the face, will be lecturing on the “Latest Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery.” His presentation will showcase his state-of-the-art techniques and will focus on how plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and aesthetic practitioners can collaborate to deliver optimal outcomes for patients.
Surgeons around the globe consistently refer complex cases to Dr. Rizk because of his skill, technical knowledge, and passion for advanced rhinoplasty and facelift techniques. Dr. Rizk is recognized for pioneering 3-dimensional high-definition rhinoplasty surgery, which allows him to perform a precise operation with a painless and rapid recovery. With a fully accredited private surgical suite located on Park Avenue, patients travel to have surgery with Dr. Rizk from all over the globe including London, Brazil, China, Russia, Dubai, and from throughout the United States as well.
The 2012 FACE Conference represents Dr. Rizk’s second international lecture in two months, a testament to his groundbreaking role as a leader in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. “I’m pleased to bring my knowledge and experience to London for the FACE Conference and Exhibition,” says Dr. Rizk. “I welcome the opportunity to collaborate with global colleagues from multiple specialties, and to elevate the innovations in facial plastic surgery further into the future.”
Dr. Sam Rizk is Acknowledged as a Top Plastic Surgeon by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Dr. Sam S. Rizk was selected to New York Magazine’s Best Doctors 2013 list. Dr. Rizk is honored to be mentioned by the popular magazine that has been the pulse of New York City for almost half a century. New York Magazine assembled their list based on annual reports they receive from Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
About Castle Connolly
Castle Connolly was founded by healthcare industry professionals who have made it their mission to inform consumers of the best doctors in different cities and states all over the U.S. Every year, Castle Connolly publishes a book listing the top doctors in America. As one of the most respected major healthcare research companies, Castle Connolly helps other publications to compile top doctors lists as well. Castle Connolly’s full list can be found on their website's directory.
The Selection Process
Castle Connolly receives close to 100,000 nominees each year. The nomination process is selective but the next process is even more selective! Castle Connolly’s physician-led research team filters through the nominees by looking at educational and disciplinary history, history of any malpractice, hospital appointments, patient care, and feedback, and reviewing credentials and awards, among other factors. The most distinguished doctors are selected and categorized in accordance with their geographic region.
*Results may vary
Last Modified On: 10/12/2021